Replay Session: Why it works?
Sessions Recordings allow you to follow the journey of your visitors/customers, to obtain data collected throughout several recording sessions of your website users. Those are renderings of real actions taken by visitors as they browse a website, and determine why people are leaving your website.
It is one of the best digital tools to get into a full experience and understanding of your user’s behaviors leading to improve your conversion rate, increase your website performance as well as enhance customer experience and corporate perception.
Filter your users’ sessions
Don’t be overcome by all this information and choose your best filters. Captures, index and visually replay the full digital experience of a session across browsers, interfaces, and devices.
Follow users interactions
Recordings of specific website pages or key elements such as mouse activity, clicks, taps, and scrolling across several pages on desktop and mobile devices.
Empathize with their experience
Collects the insights you require, on multiple page views, to fix the user experience issues or problems, optimize and maximize UX, and lastly improve conversions rate.
Help your team members make better decisions
Reveals dysfunctional points and breaking points that need to be fixed by your teams (UX developers, marketers, designers, etc.), as well as guide stakeholders, make better choices.
Replay Session: How to use it?
Record sessions is an effective type of qualitative study, allowing you to see, on a video, the user actions and behaviors on your website. With session recordings, you can ultimately obtain data to implement solutions and improve the online experience of your visitors/customers.
Define your objectives and goals
Start by identifying the filters you want or need to apply to your watching sessions to get the most viable data for your main objective: what statistics do you want to get out of session replays? Indeed, knowing what you want to achieve helps you :
- determine which recordings you should start with,
- narrow down the massive amount of data collected.
Know what to detect
You should get the ability to see schemes, and user behaviors patterns, after a period of heavily watching sessions, that will help you establish an understanding of where visitors/customers are reluctant to go or think twice before clicking on the “Start” button. Just get in a good viewing flow of where people are skeptical or get stuck on a page which makes them leave your website.
Look out for trends, for ways of interaction, for engagements:
- What aspects visitors/customers use to browse from one of your pages to one another.
- How visitors/customers engage or fail to engage with buttons and clickable images, videos, etc.
- Uncommon mouse activity, for instance, scrolling, duplicated clicks, clicks on images that lead nowhere.
- How long does it take, for visitors/customers, to make an action (confirm registration to a free trial) or to reach a goal (subscribe to a plan)?
- How visitors/customers interact with a page and where they stop and leave the website?
Acquire opportunities for enhancement
Then, you will start to spot, discern and recognize – bugs, issues or glitches – problems that need to be fixed in order to optimize your conversion rate.
- Rapport glitches or bugs, that make your website or a page not loading properly or load incorrectly throughout various tools, devices or browsers,
- Performance glitches or bugs, that refrains your website from working properly (something that shouldn’t happen such as not finding a search through the search bar),
- Design glitches or bugs that make an element not appear, or even missing on the page (image or graph not showing correctly),
- Functionality glitches or bugs which work or load incorrectly (subscribe page, not opening, payment for a pack not possible, etc.)